This tutorial teaches you how to analyze the Information/Data aspects of any business, large or small.
This is an introductory technical course for anyone wanting to understand how to analyze the information/data aspects of an organization. The subject matter is an essential part creating a quality business or any Business Improvement effort.
This is an Introductory Tutorial intended to give you a good knowledge of Information Analysis concepts and a reading knowledge of the Information Analysis effort result, which is a business Information Analysis Specification containing a Data Model such as an Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) and supporting specifications for Entities, Relationships and Data Elements.
Even though this is an introductory tutorial that can be used to analyze any size organization, there’s enough information in this course to create an Information Model and support specifications for a business.
The course uses pictures, graphics both static and animated, with voice over to show the various real world examples.
There are no prerequisites for this material, no exams or certifications.
With over 10 lectures (Videos) and 1 hour of content you will learn:
- The Goals of Information Analysis
- How to Discover Essential Information
- An Overview of Information Analysis including Modeling notation for a typical Data Model and an Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD)
- How to Identify and Depict Entities (Groups of data in a Business) on an Information Model and Specify them in a Support Specification
- How to Identify and Depict Relationships between Entities on an Information Model and Specify them in a Support Specification
- How to Gather and Specify Data Elements (Facts about Entities) in a Support Specification
- The importance of using Business Events to Identify Essential Data
- How to use an Information Model to create new File Designs (both Computer and Manual files).
Language of instruction: English